People keep asking me how I’m enjoying my summer vacation. It surprises me every time. I’m a mom. I don’t get summer vacation. Summer is my busy season – no school, later bedtime for the kids, earlier wake-ups (I have a love-hate relationship with the long summer days,) the garden, day trips… I’m busy. I can’t wait for school to start, not because I don’t enjoy my children’s company, but because I’ll actually have time do get things done in increments greater than ten minutes. Oh, and I might get enough time to myself to do something decadent, like going back to Weight Watchers (yes, I’ve fallen off the wagon and am crawling back on, shamefaced, seven pounds heavier.)
And yet, I get a fair number of things done. Without further ado, here’s my list of
THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GREAT TODAY
1. I fished N’s pyjama pants out of the kitchen wall vent. The vent has now been covered.
2. I managed a Lowe’s run in under 20 minutes. Also, everybody there greeted me by name and asked about my current projects.
3. The construction worker who stands at the end of our street to stop cars from entering told me that she always recognizes me (and therefore moves the pylons aside) because I always smile at her.
4. Our garage is now clean and empty of anything we’re not currently using.
5. I biked about 30 minutes today. So much better than driving.
I feel lonely out here in the big, cold internet. Leave me a comment:
What do you feel great about today? And
If I have limited blogging time, what kinds of things would you rather I blogged about? Crafty stuff? My life? Deep thoughts?