What a week that was… first the stomach bug followed by two days of fever, then our part-time nanny was sick and it was just me and the kids, yup, one-on-three, all day for Thursday and Friday. Oh, and lots of other blog-worthy stuff happened. In no particular order:
- I joined Weight Watchers. I know I’m already back at my prepregnancy weight, but now I need to lose the IVF weight, the Femara weight, the weight from my first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage, and the post-wedding weight. I am very, very excited about getting started, which I think is a good sign that I’m motivated enough to see this through.
- The kids got their hair cut. Perhaps not interesting, but boy, were we overdue. N’s head looks about 50% smaller now.
- R discovered her hands. It’s really adorable watching her watch her own hands as they grab each other. She’s also starting to touch her hanging toys.
- By watching N, I’ve discovered some impromptu Montessori-type activities. Putting clothes on a hanger and taking them off, for example.
- K wants to be responsible for the dishwasher. I’m not sure exactly how that will work given her height disadvantage, but I’m happy to find a way if she’s really interested.
On top of all that, I just spent two happy hours at the craft store and the fabric store. I have big plans for toys, a mobile, and – most excitingly – two additional seats with seatbelts for the bakfiets, including one that is very baby-friendly.
It’s also a gorgeous day, and I think I must go for a bike ride before it gets dark. So you’ll all understand, I’m sure, why I’m unlikely to blog anything of substance today.
Now go outside and enjoy this weather!